Brody (once Pförten) – the residence of earl Henryk von Brühl (1700-1763).
The palace was built for the Promnitz family in 1670-1674. A Sas minister Henryk von Brühl bought Brody in 1740 and developed the town, the park and the palace (1741-1749).
The palace was set on fire in 1758 and the garden surrounding it was devastated. The whole complex became the property of the Prussian rulers. Fryderyk August von Brühl (Henryk’s son) had regained the palace and rebuilt it.
The palace was owned by the Brühl family till the end of World War Two. On the 15th of February 1945 the palace got on fire (it is suspected it was an arson).
In the end of the ‘90s the manor othouses were rebuilt.
Nowadays the Brühl’s residence is in the hands of a private owner and the manor othuouses host a hotel and a restaurant.
The baroque arrangement of the town has survived till today and comprises the ruin of the palace, manor outhouses, church, Zasiecka Gate and several houses. Rare kinds of trees and bushes grow in the palace park.
The source of the text is the information board located near the palace and the official website of the Brody palace.