Military Unit in Żary
An old military unit in Żary is an interesting place to see.
From the huge military complex only two buildings have been adapted, the rest fall into ruin (despite the fact they have a private owner).
Part of the area is let out for a stock space.
Below the photos of the abandoned part of the complex.
Niwiska (Germ. Niebusch, Bergenwald)
In the village there are two churches (one desolate) and a palace.
Slightly camouflaged behind trees and bushes (next to Voluntary Fire Service) there are ruins of a protestant church built in XVIII century (and rebuilt in XIX for late-classical style). Till the late ‘60s it was a catholic church where masses were celebrated. The church is becoming more and more desolate after transferring the parish to the Church of Lady of the Rosary at the opposite side of the road. This church was built in the XIII century.
John the Baptist Cathedral in Wrocław (Germ. Breslauer Dom, Kathedrale St. Johannes des Täufers)
Beautiful gothic church located in the Wrocław’s Ostrów Tumski was built around XIII-XIV century.
In the location of the current cathedral there had been 3 other churches before.
The current cathedral was destroyed during World War Two by the Red Army during the siege of Wrocław stronghold – about 70% of the cathedral was destroyed. A part of remaining equipment was robbed by the Russians. The cathedral and its interiors was being rebuilt for many years.
Świebodzin (niem. Schwiebus) - Statue of Christ the King
Monument stands at 16.5 m mound. Jesus statue is 33 meters (figure of Jesus) 3-meter gilded crown so it is higher than the statue of Christ the Redeemer in Rio de Janeiro by 3 meters.
Monument in Swiebodzin is the highest in the world sculpture depicting Jesus.
Mroczków - Chapel St. Rocha
According to legend, the chapel was built at the turn of the sixteenth / seventeenth century on the place that the graves of the dead in thanks to God for the end of the plague.
In 1957, the chapel became a church, which in 1967 was expanded. From the site of the chapel of St. Rocha will see a new church.
The village has a historic church: St. Louis from 1896 and a wooden chapel of St. Sophia.
Chapel of St. Sophia was built in 1818 as a chapel manor. In 1888, the chapel began to serve as a parish church.
In Bliżyn is a statue of Polish King Wladyslaw Jagiello, who spent the night in Bliżyn by Grunwald (mention of this event is in the chronicles of Dlugosz).