Sieniawa Żarska (Germ. Schönwalde)
In Sieniawa Żarska there is a monument commemorating the sportsmen of Sieniawa who died during World War One (under oak trees there are stones with their names engraved).
Behind the monument there is a column symbolizing the Sieniawa Gymnastic Association. On the top of the column there are four F letters engraved from: free, humble, cheerful, fresh.
In the Mycielin village you can find an early-gothic, brick, one-bay church under the invocation of St. Nicolas with a rectangular chancel dated second half of XIII century, rebuilt with an addition of the tower in 1550. The church vestibule and the mausoleum added in XVII-XVIII centuries. In the church masonry the debris of the XVI century watchtower can be found.
Built in XII century on a volcanic-origin hill. The castle has been ruined, looted, and rebuilt several times. I recommend sightseeing the castle on a dry day (and in comfortable shoes) in order to be able to walk around all of the parts of the castle and feel like a medieval knight looking out for an enemy approaching the castle ;).
Moszna (German Schloß Moschen)
The palace was built in the mid-seventeenth century. Partially burned down and was rebuilt.
According to legend Moszna in the Middle Ages belonged to the Knights Templar.
Since 1945, the castle housed the Soviet Army troops that destroyed most of the equipment of the castle and stolen works of art (paintings and sculptures).
During World War II the castle avoided destruction. Since 1945 the castle Soviet Army troops quartered.
DAG Krzystkowice - Nowogród Bobrzański
The debris of an ammunition production plant set up in 1939 covering the area of c.a. 2000 ha in the vicinity of Nowogród Bobrzański. In the past it was a complex of 200 buildings (some sources claim over 260), which formed a self-sufficient town with free labour force – the prisoners of Gross Rosen concentration camp.
Nowadays most of the ruins is located in the State Forests and several buildings belong to the Polish Army and a womens penal institution.