Ż’ART - International Open Air Meeting with Art
Ż’ART - International Open Air Meeting with Art took place in Zary 18-25 August 2013 and were full of cultural events: concerts, performances, film screenings, workshops for children: dance and art, photographic workshops, photographic action:" on 24 August in Zary ... ".
Góra (district Jarocini)
Palace in Góra was built in the years 1877-1878 for Rudolf Fischer von Mollard. The palace is in the style of the Northern Renaissance, also known as the "Queen Anna style". After World War II the palace was an agricultural school, and since 1952 in the palace's the Orphanage.
In the village there is also a church. In the name of Assumption of Mary, built in the years 1817-1830, brick, late-classical.
In Jarocin there is a town hall built in 1799-1804 surrounded by tenement houses (also from the breakthrough of the XIX-XX century).
Opposite to the town hall there is a church of St Martin (first mentions about the church come from 1257, later the church was rebuilt many times).
Nowadays the town is known for its 3-day rock festival which takes place every year during the summer.
Leszno (German: Lissa)
Leszno, experienced a period of glory in the seventeenth century, (you can see it in the historical architecture).
Throughout the region you can admire the palaces, castles, manor houses, churches.
Surrounding Leszno tend to rest in the bosom of nature.
In Leszno and the region very popular and well liked is cycling through the numerous cycle paths.
The above text comes from Leszno website.
In the Middle Ages at the site of the present church was a wooden church, which burned down in 1591. The new church was built of stone and brick in 1602. The church was destroyed during the Thirty Years War and then rebuilt by the faithful. In the eighteenth century has been developed and in the nineteenth century, the tower was added. In the years 1913-1914 was completely renovated. During World War II, the church was destroyed, later pastors were trying to bring the church to good condition (including protected the entire church).